Current students enrolled in the OSU-OKC Center for Social Innovation are invited to apply for our Orthodontic Associates Smile Grant. This grant awards the selected applicant with a new smile treatment program, prescribed and monitored by the Orthodontist-led team at Orthodontic Associates. Based on our orthodontist’s recommendations, the selected applicants will receive either braces or Invisalign treatment. The selected applicant must concede to follow and abide by the smile treatment plan prescribed while also practicing good dental hygiene behavior. Current applicants must not be wearing braces or in orthodontic treatment, however this does not apply to any mail-order aligner programs, like Smile Direct Club.
Required application documents:
- Provide a copy of your current GPA. Students must show a GPA with C average or above.
- Provide (2) letters of recommendation from community leaders or teachers explaining why you should be considered for this scholarship.
- Provide (3) current smile photos of your teeth: A smiling selfie, and use spoons to pull back lips to take photos of top and bottom teeth.
- Provide a copy of your current resume.
All applicants must also include a Student Essay. This essay should include:
- Tell us who you are and what you like to do. Expand on your favorite hobbies, extracurricular activities, goals and dreams in life, etc.
- What are your plans for after college?
- Tell us about one of your most recent accomplishments – could be a small, everyday task or something big.
- What brought you to the OSU-OKC Center for Social Innovation?
- Please tell us in detail why you would like orthodontic treatment and how will orthodontia change your life?